FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I defer my registration?
Your entry may be deferred to the 2018 Charlottesville Ten Miler if done before 2/28/2017.
When is the 2017 race?
Saturday, March 18th beginning at 7:15 AM.
Where does it start?
The start is on Massie Road and finishes in front of the UVa Track (Lannigan Field). We like tradition and course records, so it’s the same course as previous years. If you want turn by turn directions, just take a look at the race logo.
Can I run with my kids?
Kids running with their parents is a wonderful sight. Unfortunately, we CANNOT allow strollers on the course. As for picking up your child and running with them through the finish, for safety reasons, we have to ask you to not do that.
What about my dog?
Dogs are great training partners, but Rover has to sit this one out. It’s a humans-only event. We don’t want to risk runners or doggies getting spooked, tangled in leashes, or worse yet, injured.
Will there be bathrooms on the course?
Yes. Bathrooms will be available at JPJ prior to the race and at the Ntelos Pavilion (near the five mile point) during the race. Please be respectful of the facilities provided.
Is there I time limit?
Since the city streets will be closed for the race, there will be a time limit. You must average a 15 minute mile to take advantage of the closed roads, otherwise, you'll have to move to the sidewalks and obey traffic signals.
Can someone else pick up my bib for me?
What roads will be closed?
Do you have a pre-race bag drop?
Unfortunately, we don't have a secure place to store runner bags.
Will you have post-race food?
Do you have awards?
Overall and Masters winners will be determined by gun time. Age Group winners will be determined by chip time. We want everyone to line up in the appropriate area at the start. Age Groups will be Top 5% or Top 3 finishers, whichever is greater. Unclaimed awards can be picked up at Ragged Mountain Running Shop.
RACE DAY PARKING
RACE START & WATER STOPS
COURSE SAFETY & INFORMATION
Online Course Tour
- All finishers will receive a finisher’s medal.
- Overall winners and age group winners will be announced. Age group winners will be based on percentage of entrants.
- This race is not possible without the help of countless volunteers. Please take a moment and thank a volunteer!
- The two most popular prime time places to cheer on the racers are at the UVa Chapel and at the Pavilion end of the Downtown Mall, where spectators can see the runners go by twice.
- But if you’re really looking to actually lift a runner’s spirits, cheer for them as they work their way up the strategically tough hills on Northwood (mile 5.5), Maple (mile 6.5), Water Street (mile 7.2) and at Mincer’s on the UVa Corner (8.3)!
- The race will be broadcast live on WINA (1070 AM), with legendary sportscaster John Freeman doing the play by play.
Online Course Tour